Monday, August 22, 2011

17 Day Diet Recipe Favorite: Smoothies

Image courtesy of Zabmo/morguefile.com
I've written before about how much I love the smoothies as a part of the 17 Day Diet. In fact, the Kefir Smoothie is one of my favorite 17 Day Diet recipes.  It is easy and satisfies that craving I get for something desert-like.

In addition to making the smoothie in the book, I also make a smoothie using low-fat plain yogurt that is 17 Day Diet legal (recipe is outlined on my Tips and Advice for the 17 Day Diet article).

I found a tasty twist on my yogurt smoothie recipe this week.  I didn't have club soda or flavored carbonated water, but did have a diet orange soda, so I used it to make a frozen strawberry smoothie, using these ingredients:

1 cup yogurt
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/4 to 1/2 can diet orange soda (depending on your preference for thickness)
1/8 cup splenda

It is so yummy, and now I'm on a Orange soda-strawberry smoothie kick.  I'm thinking I'll try a root beer smoothie next!

3 comments:

  1. I am confused, about to start for the first time. I have read no diet pop yet it seems many do. What is the deal?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, diet pop is okay...but Dr. Moreno explained on a show I watched that you can't count it as one of your daily glasses of water...I have been drinking diet pop on a daily basis.

    I have to admit, though, that sometimes after all those glasses of water, the idea of diet pop isn't really all that appealing to me...which is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chemical explosion...ugh. NOT healthy at all

    ReplyDelete