4 cups broth
3 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup frozen peas and carrots (for the first phase, replace peas with celery).
1 - 6 oz. can sliced mushrooms
1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce (low sodium)
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup bamboo shoots (sliced into bite sized strips)
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1 whole egg and 1 egg white
- Set aside 1/2 cup of broth and mix in cornstarch.
- Beat eggs.
- Heat broth and when hot add all ingredients except cornstarch and eggs.
- Once soup boils cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir for 30 seconds
- Turn off heat and add eggs slowly. I used a plastic strainer with small holes into which I added the eggs so that they dripped into the soup slowly, making small strings. Stir in a circle as you add the egg...one direction only...once the soup has the amount of egg you like, stop adding