Perfect for breakfast or a side dish on the Accelerate Phase of the 17 Day Diet!
|Image of potato pancake courtesy of Alcinoe/morguefile.com|
Mock Potato Pancakes Recipe
Makes 4 pancakes (1 serving)
- 1 cup Spaghetti Squash
- 1 whole egg (or 2 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, feta cheese or ricotta cheese.
- Salt & Pepper or Seasoning Salt
- Olive Oil Spray or 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
Prior to making pancakes, prepare spaghetti squash by cutting in half and baking at 350 for approximately an hour (cut side up), or boiling in salted water for 10-15 minutes. When cooked (squash is done when it can be shredded into strands), shred squash by running the tines of a fork lengthwise across the flesh of the squash to form spaghetti-like strands.
Pancake Cooking Directions:
- Add mixture of eggs and cheese to one cup shredded spaghetti squash
- Add seasonings to taste and sliced onion, if desired
- Spray skillet with 5 sprays of olive oil, and heat to medium high
- Divide squash mixture into 4 pancakes and brown on both sides.
YouTube: "How to Cook Spaghetti Squash"by HowCast